Wednesday 23 July 2014

Hair Dye Routine - Red/pink hair!


I've been questing for a nice reddish pink hair for a number of months now, trying to get a similar colour to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in her Candy Candy music video.
It's not the same shade, but I've definitely got a shade I love at the minute, and since it took a fair few attempts to get a dye that not only is red/pink, but covers my dark roots (as my hair is naturally dark brown)


As a fairly lazy person, I don't want to be messing about bleaching my hair before dying it (it's also not very healthy for my hair) so I prefer to use permanent hair dyes with a developer in order to lighten my hair at the same time as dying it. I found through my hair dye adventures that semi-permanent dyes do not cover my roots at all when mixed with developer as they are designed to be used after bleaching, so I had to search for a good pink hair dye that was permanent.
 Here are the supplies I used (ignoring the candle and soap dispenser lol)
A mixing bowl, brush, measuring cup for the developer, developer and dye and of course gloves.
 I bought all my supplies from Prohairandbeauty and even though they sell to salons and beauty students I was able to order from them. The dye I use is B Red in red violet which is designed to be used with a developer. I had bought the magenta colour but when I opened it it looked very purple so I didn't want to use it, I'll probably keep it for an ombre experiment.
The developer I use is the Affinage 10vol developer. I also have the 30vol which would make my hair a lot brighter, but the 10vol worked perfectly to cover my roots.
I mixed half and half amounts of dye and developer into the mixing bowl. You can measure the dye on the tube as it has markings on the side for 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. I used half the tube so I used 50ml of developer (half the 100ml tube is obviously 50ml) Once it was mixed it looked like this:
I then simply applied it on my roots and left it for around 15-20 minutes, then applied the rest and left it for another 15-20. That's just an estimate for time, but it worked well for me.
From dark roots to no roots yaaay! I'm really in love with this colour and I'm constantly complimented when I'm out and about :D For now, until I get bored of it, it's gonna stay :3

1 comment:

  1. This shade of red is really pretty! Also I think it really matches your skin tone and your eye colour ^-^ -sorry for any english mistake ;w;-

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! <3