Friday 17 January 2014

Anime I've Been Watching

I've been watching a lot of anime recently, so I thought I'd share some of my favourites so far, and what I plan to watch in the future!

Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary)

Kyoukai no Kanata is a kind of supernatural/fantasy anime with slice of life elements and a lot of cool fight scenes. The story follows Akhito Kanbara, who has a thing for girls in glasses, and Mirai Kuriyama, who has the ability to manipulate her blood and use it to fight in the form of a sword. There's demons, sword fights, humour and even an idol episode xD 
I really enjoyed this anime, it's only 12 episodes long, which makes it fairly easy to watch. I often feel discouraged starting a new anime if there's 50+ episodes already out, so I prefer shorter series' like this! I also really loved the characters in this anime too, often I find myself drawn to one or two characters in an anime and end up disliking others, but I love the personalities of everyone in KnK, although Mirai will always be my favourite!
I also have nearly all the parts I need to cosplay Mirai, I just need the coloured contacts I ordered to arrive, and some sort of white bandage for her hand. I want to do a more detailed post about my cosplays, so look out for that!

Black Rock Shooter (TV)

This is the 8 episode series of Black Rock Shooter, which was dubbed the TV version, as there is also a Black Rock Shooter OVA which is kind of like a movie. The TV series' story is fairly similar to the OVA, if you've seen it. It's another fantasy/fighting girls anime (I'm really into those atm for some reason) following two girls, Mato and Yomi, who become friends due to similar interests in a children's book.
It's a rather confusing anime, a little hard to keep up with if you're not paying attention. But again, it's a short series that's easy to get through, and it's a real tear-jerker in the later episodes (although I cry at anything, really) Again, the characters are likeable, and the character designs are gorgeous.
As much as I'd love to, I don't think I'll be cosplaying Black Rock Shooter though!

Kill La Kill

An anime I've only just started watching, Kill La Kill is a more shounen (aimed at boys) than the other two animes that I've been watching, and isn't normally the sort of thing I'd watch. Again, it's a fighting girl anime, but it's a lot more comedic and nuts than anything I've watched in a while! It follows Ryuko Matoi, who is trying to find out who killed her father, and the other half of her giant scissor blade. The story is set in a school where students possess uniforms that give them various powers and abilities, and Ryuko has to fight through them to reach the student council president to find out the truth.
I've only watched 5 episodes so far, but what I've seen I've really enjoyed! At the time of writing there are currently 14 episodes of the series, and it is still ongoing, so I'm not sure how many there will be. If you're interested in getting into this series before the amount of episodes gets out of hand then go for it! Or you never know, it might end at episode 20 or something xD
Ryuko is another character I want to cosplay, I'll  be waiting until February before starting to gather items for it though, but I plan to cosplay her and Mirai in the summer!

I plan to start watching Mirai Nikki next, and I did start Another, so I'm hoping to finish that too!

I watch all my anime online at http://www.animeseason.com/ if anyone is wondering!
I hope you enjoyed reading, let me know if you'd like more posts on anime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! <3