Friday 3 January 2014

What's on my iPhone

I've been asked many times to make a video of what's on my iPhone, but I never seem to get around to it, or if I film it, it's ages until I get to edit the video and by then I have more and different apps. Though I haven't downloaded anything new in a while, I thought I'd make a blog post about what's on my phone, and then at least I've still shared with you guys what apps I use, even if it's not in a video. I have an iPhone 4s and it's the 16GB version.

Before I start, I'll show you my lock screen (yes I took these screenshots at 3am) My lock screen wallpaper changes a lot, but right now I'm addicted to playing Fire Emblem Awakening on my 3DS, so this wallpaper is from that game.

Now onto my home screen! The background paper hardly changes on here for me, I like to stick with simple pastel coloured backgrounds that I find all over the internet. The icons for Vine through to Gmail and Safari are all from an app called Cocoppa. I'm not going to explain how to use that app in this post, but I found a helpful tutorial here if you're unsure how to use it. Nevertheless, here are the apps I have on my first home screen page, and the ones I use most often.
 My second (and last) home screen page is basically taken up with folders. I like to keep things mostly organised, although the apps at the bottom that aren't in folders are either new apps I want to try out, or ones I use often and don't want in a folder. Dropbox, which I use to back up my phone's photos to my computer and quickly transfer them over, Balanced which is an app which helps you keep track of things you want to do every week, month, twice a week, etc. Drippler is an app which shows articles and blog posts about technology, mainly iPhone. Bitstrips is that app all your Facebook friends use to make those slightly amusing comics of themselves. TwitCasting is a livestreaming app that is connected to Twitter which I have yet to use, and Blueline is a taxi company where I live and their app allows you to book taxis, though I haven't tried it yet either.
 Now onto my folders. Most of them contain the original apps that I use Cocoppa icons for and can't delete the original app (as the icon Cocoppa creates is just a shortcut) My social folder contains the basics, Tumblr, Facebook, Skype, Instagram, DeviantArt is just a web shortcut as they don't have an app, Kik messenger which I don't use anymore really, Snapchat, (you can add me - frainyxo) Pinterest, which I use for craft inspiration sometimes, my username is Frainy I believe. Pages+ is an app to manage my Facebook pages, Twitter, Snapee, which is like a cuter version of Instagram, Vine (username Frainy) and Safari (for some reason, I know it's not social idk)
click the photos to enlarge them
 Next is my music folder, Shazam, which identifies songs that you hear on TV, radio, when you're out etc. Voice plus, which is a voice changer, iTunes Store, and Relax Melodies Plus, which plays relaxing sounds to send you to sleep.
 Next is my most used folder, cameras and photo editing apps. Meitu Xiu Xiu (or something idk) is a chinese photo editing app which is pretty easy to use, Muzy, another social photo editing thing, I don't really use it, Pic Stitch can put photos in frames, Petapic makes collages, Line Camera is one of my most used, I use it to add stickers and text to photos, another Meitu app that's mostly for portrait photos, I'm not sure but I use it more than the other one. Zitrr Camera has some cool effects that I sometimes use, Typic+ is another one of my favourites, I make more 'artistic' photos and add text with it, Lumie adds bokeh effects and lighting, Clone Camera is a cool app that puts multiple pictures of you in one photo, basically cloning you. Girls camera is a purikura style app, just adds cute stamps and things, Pick is like line camera's version of Instagram, Hi collage is a slightly different style of collage making app, #Catwang adds tumblr-style (idk) cats to your photos, Coowl merges 2 photos in an artistic way. Decopic is another decoration/purikura editing app, Cymera is yet another (but it's dead buggy and crashes a lot) and finally Seene takes 3D photos and shares them similar to Instagram.
 Next is my video folder. First I have BBC iPlayer, which I hardly use but is useful to have, Youtube, Videos (which I have never ever used) Crunchyroll, which is an anime watching app, Capture, which can upload videos to Youtube. Twitch is a livestreaming platform for video games, Livestream, Videon, which is a video editor, and Vid Collage which can edit videos to upload to Instagram. Fullscreen, which is the app of my Youtube partner company, Facetime (which I haven't used) and Cine Lumie, which is like Lumie except for videos.
 Next is tools and random things. Contacts, Calculator, Compass, Voice memos, Mirai Clock 3, which is a cute anime girl clock thing, Google maps, Reminders, Weather, Line tools (very useful, has many different tools) Maps (which I ditched for google maps) T-Zero is a countdown app, Battery Saver, which helps give tips and improve your phone's battery life, Followers+ to check Instagram followers, Follow Tool, for Twitter followers, and Clock.
 Now for my games, I won't explain them all in detail, but I will mention my favourites. Tiny Wings (my boyfriend got me into this, pretty fun) Scribblenauts Remix (I love the original games and this is fun too) Steam, which I can check sales and buy games for my computer, Minecraft, Plants vs Zombies, Robot Unicorn Attack 2, Alpaca World (like Pokemon, but with ALPACAS) Kawaii Pet Megu (I've neglected my poor megu recently ;o;) Pixel People (fond memories playing this at work in my previous job) Line Play (used to be addicted, now not so much) Kinectimals (dead cute) Barcode Kanojo (scan barcodes and get anime girlfriends from them) Toca Hair Salon 2 (kids game but so fun hah) Theatrythm Final Fantasy (music game with Final Fantasy music) Nyan Cat Lost in Space (my favourite nyan cat game) Techno Kitten adventure (yup) Boost 2 (fun game driving a spaceship and avoiding obstacles, good music)
 Shopping and money apps and the like; Ebay, Etsy, Paypal, Nationwide, which is my bank, Your Orange, which is/was my phone company, keeps track of credit etc. My shop and Storenvy are web shortcuts, XE currency is a currency converter, App Gratis gives you a free app every day, Wanelo is like Instagram but gives you links to buy the items, and Amazon.
 Now for my gif making apps, which I don't use very often; Gifyo, Gifboom (which are basically the same, Instagram for gifs) Gif Player lets me watch gifs saved on my phone, and a gif maker by Meitu, which is one of my faves.
 My customisation folder contains things for wallpapers, icons and other things. Cuptakes is a great app that has lots of cute wallpapers, Textgram makes text photos for Instagram, MolangSweet makes phone wallpapers with Molang, Chibi me is a character creator app thing, I used it to make my old Youtube icon, Cocoppa, which I've mentioned earlier changes your icons, Emulsion is more like an art app, lets you draw/paint cool pattern things you could use for wallpapers, CatPaint puts cats in your photo (why it's not in the camera folder is beyond me but w/e) Pistachio is a drawing app, Photo Blur creates blurred pictures for wallpapers, and Smiley for Line has Japanese emotes you can copy and use which whatever you want.
 And finally, my miscellaneous folder, Gmail, Yogbytes (if you know the Yogscast from Youtube, then it's a collection of sound bites from their videos, it's just a web link) Game Center, Stocks (what is the point in this app really) Passbook (again what point) Find iPhone, Newstand (so glad we can finally hide this dumb app in a folder) Vocre (translation app that lets you speak and it translates out loud) and Google Translate.

And that concludes my lengthy post on my iPhone apps! Let me know if you'd like to know anything more in detail, or if you have anything else you'd like me to blog about~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! <3