Tuesday 7 January 2014

My First Pullip Doll (photo heavy)

So recently The Hollycopter from Youtube became obsessed with Pullip dolls, and I think the love for the dolls has rubbed off on many people! (including me) So naturally I bought one too!

I bought Bloody Red Hood from Groove Store (you can also buy from PullipStyle) and a set of 3 outfits that were only available as a set from Groove.
Edit: I forgot to mention how quickly this was shipped to me! I ordered on January 1st and it arrived on January 6th, which coming from the US to the UK is super quick!
Isn't she gorgeous? Read more for more photos and information about her~


This is the pretty box she came in!
I also received these adorable sticky notes as a free gift!
Her hair was in these plastic tubes to keep it safe while in her box, though after taking it out of the tubes it was perfectly straight, no weird kinks or anything!
 Her eyelids are really pretty as well, her overall makeup (or faceup when referring to ball jointed dolls, or BJDs) is really pretty and suits her overall look.

 Her eyes are a gorgeous wine/burgundy red colour to match her hair.

 This is the outfit she comes with, kind of steampunk-esque I love it!

 Her sleeves are detatchable and her nails are painted red
 Her apron also has a wolf print, with paw prints up the other side on the back
 The dress underneath the apron has a couple of purposely made holes to add to the look of her outfit. You can tell they're purposely made as the edges around the hole have been sealed to avoid fraying.
 Lifting up the apron reveals her dress
 And under her dress is a tulle petticoat
 And under that (how rude, I'm sorry dollie xD) you can see her socks, boots and underwear!
 Her socks are made of a fishnet material, with little bows at the top
 Her boots are my favourite! They're so cute, and I really want a pair for myself!
 This is the ruffly detail on the back of her outfit
 Her eyes can also move from side to side and it gives her so much personality!

 Her hair is very long and silky
 She also came with a large hair bow
 With elastic to attach it to her head
 Her cape is very pretty, a velvety red material
 It has lace around the inside and is lined with black fabric
 There is a tiny buckle on it to fasten it
 This is the stand that she comes with
 And a tiny basket with a pleather strap handle

 And a tiny bottle of wine with a wolf's head
 Using a iPhone macro lens I got from Photojojo I was able to take super close up shots!





 Details of her boots
 This is the buckle on her hood
 She also comes with this card, I don't read Japanese but I'm sure this is a certificate of authenticity

Now for some outfit shots! I hope to get photos with natural daylight soon

















 Her apron
 And how she looks without it
 Details of the belt on her skirt from the back
 The skirt, with belt and those holes in the netting
 She has a velcro fastening on the back
 This is what she looks like without the skirt

 Rudy shots LOL But this is the ruffle collar she has

 It fastens with a tiny popper!
 And this is everything you get in the box! Quite a lot to the outfit.
 There was also a special offer going on and the store was giving out a random free dress with orders! It's a rather cheap quality material, but I won't complain for something that was free
 It looks quite pretty when it's on her, she kind of suits it!

 I won't go into too much detail with the 3 outfits from the set I purchased, but I thought it would be useful to show how they look when worn since there were no photos of this on the site
Outfit 1






 Outfit 2










 Outfit 3 (my favourite)
















Overall I absolutely love her, she's perfect for my first Pullip doll! I chose her because of her red hair and she reminds me of myself haha~
For size comparison, here she is next to me xD I need to think of a name for her...
For my next Pullip purchase I'm thinking of getting a DIY doll base to customise, which I would make blog posts and/or videos on. Since I've never done anything like that before I'd be nervous to try, but it looks like it could be fun! 
Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like more posts about Pullips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! <3