Monday 31 March 2014

Ryuko Matoi Makeup Tutorial & Cosplay Update

I'm not the best at makeup, but I wanted to show you how I did my makeup for my Ryuko from Kill La Kill cosplay. It's mostly down to the eye liner, and I used pictures of her eyes for reference when doing this.
I started out with the Neo Sunflower blue lenses from my previous review.
I then did a base of concealer and foundation, topping off with a translucent powder to set it. I use powder mineral foundation from Bare Minerals and Collection pressed powder, but you can use your favourite products. Like I said, it's mostly to do with the eyeliner to achieve the look.
 I mostly used this picture of Ryuko I found on Google images, and paid special attention to the gaps in her lower eyelid where the 2 little lines for her eyelashes are. She also has angular lines at the top and a single line for an eyelash, so I included that too.
I roughly drew in photoshop what you should be aiming for, as my photos aren't the clearest.
As you can see I also darkened my eyebrows (probably a bit too much) with some eyeshadow. This is optional, but if you have light or no eyebrows you can draw them on paying attention to Ryuko's eyebrows. They're pretty thin, and should be drawn to make you look angry. My eyebrows are too thick and dark to do this accurately, but it still works.
 You can see the little wing I did for the eyelash. It's not the neatest, but still looks decent from a distance and in photos.
 I did the other eye, and lined my bottom eyelids inside the eyeliner with a white kohl pencil. This makes your eyes bigger and more anime like.
 I circled in red what you can do next to define the eyes, a line in the crease of your eyelid makes your eyes more cartoony and can also add to the 'angry' look.
It does look strange without the rest of my cosplay, as this isn't what you would call a daily look haha!

 I actually forgot to use mascara for this, but it still looks okay to me. Mascara would work really well, but I probably wouldn't suggest false eyelashes, as Ryuko doesn't have that much in the way of visible lashes.
 Here it is with my wig on!

 And then I decided to have a little photoshoot haha~


 I can't decide whether I prefer to pose goofy or serious when cosplaying her ;o;
 don't lose your waaaaaaaaaaaay!
I've been obsessed with the KLK soundtrack over the past couple of days, I'm so sad the series has ended now D:
Anyway, I hope you liked this tutorial/cosplay update, I might do a video tutorial, but last time I tried makeup on my youtube channel people didn't seem to like it LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! <3